vanilla sweet biscuits
a classic for any occasion
- mix 200g/7oz soft butter, 125g/4.5oz sugar, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla essence, add 400g/14oz plain flour to mixture and knead.
- wrap dough in cling film and put in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- roll dough on baking paper and cut out the biscuits (ca. 4mm thick), dip cutter into flour to prevent sticking.
- remove excess dough from baking paper and lift baking paper onto baking tray.
- bake in preheated oven at 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 3 for approx. 10 min, then cool biscuits on a rack.
- mix 225g/8oz icing sugar and 3-4tbsp warm water to make the icing, cover with icing and hundreds and thousands, if desired.
& have a nice day!